Beef and Vegetable Mince
Treat your dog to this delicious combination of beef, rice and summer vegetables.
Beef and Vegetable Mince Ingredients
Each recipe provides 1000 kilocalories. Ingredient weights refer to uncooked weights.
1. Minced beef- extra lean (360 grams/ 12.7 oz.)
2. White rice (90 grams/ 3.2 oz.)
3. Sweet potato (90 grams/ 3.2 oz.)
4. Tomato (86 grams/ 3 oz)
5. Zucchini/ courgette (86 grams/ 3 oz.)
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2. Steam sweet potato.
3. Steam zucchini.
3. Use non-stick pan to cook beef mince until juices run clear.
4. Dice fresh tomato
5. Dice cooked vegetables and mix all ingredients together.
6. Add 2 and 1/2 teaspoons (12.5 ml) of WAGSTA oil blend.
7. Add 2 level tablespoons of psyllium powder.
8. Add mineral and vitamin supplements:
- 1/4 teaspoon iodised salt,
- 1 x crushed 25 mg zinc tablet,
- 1500 mg calcium,
- 1 crushed multi-vitamin tablet (Centrum women)
Mix evenly though food.
9. Consider blending food- to prevent selective eating.
10. Weigh end product on digital scales and enter this weight into your home-cooked portion calculator, to correctly portion your dog’s meals.
*WAGSTA Oil Blend Recipe
This volume supplements 8 recipes and provides your dog with essential EPAs, DHAs , linolenic acids, linoleic acids required for optimal health.
10 ml Fish Oil (Do not use cod liver oil)
30 ml Canola Oil
30 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
30 ml Sunflower Oil
Mix the 4 oils together. Add 12.5 ml (2 and 1/2 teaspoons) of oil blend to your recipe.
To prepare multiple batches of food, simply multiply the ingredient weights by the number of batches you wish to make.
Remember to add supplements in proportion to the number of batches you make.
e.g. a 6-day meal supply for a dog consuming 480 kcal per day equates to 2880 kcals (6 x 480 kcal).
To meet this calorie requirement, you will need to cook 3 batches of this 1000 kcal recipe.
Add 3 x the normal supplement dose (7 & 1/2 x teaspoons oil blend, 3 x zinc tablets, 3 x multi-vitamin tablets, 4500 mg calcium, 3/4 teaspoon of iodised salt.)
After weighing and portioning your batched meals, there will be a small surplus- in this case representing the extra 120 kcal (3000-2880 kcal). Weigh the surplus and freeze for future when feeding the same recipe.